Smoothies are a super way to start your morning. When you do them right, you’re bound to get a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. But, lately I’ve found myself in a smoothie rut – not really loving smoothies the way I used to. That is, until I tried mixing in some different ingredients and now I’m back on the smoothie train. This Blackberry Kale Lime Smoothie is so tasty and it comes with all the perks of a great smoothie – fiber (great for satiety and disease prevention) and vitamin C (an antioxidant powerhouse that helps to boost immunity, build collagen and fight disease). Can I get a kale yeah?!
BLACKBERRY KALE LIME SMOOTHIE
Vegan, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 large servings
- 16 oz. plant milk
- 2 frozen bananas (previously peeled and broken in chunks)
- 3 cups frozen blackberries
- Juice from 2 small limes
- 2 cups kale
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 heaping scoop plant protein powder (pea, hemp, etc.)
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add more plant milk to thin and more banana to thicken.