When you’re looking for a superfood that packs a super flavorful punch, Acaí is the way to go. High in antioxidants and other phytonutrients, Acaí berries have been shown to stimulate immune system function in clinical studies. And, because it’s on the pricier side, these berries are great in a smoothie as a special treat. Top with granola and fresh fruit, and you’ll be in smoothie heaven!
Blueberry Granola Acaí Bowl
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 smoothie bowls
- 16 oz. plant milk (almond, soy, cashew, etc.)
- 2 packs Sambazon Acaí
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 cups baby greens (kale, collards, chard)
- 1 banana
- 4 Tbsp. hemp protein powder, optional
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter
- Granola (Purely Elizabeth is the best)
- Fresh berries
- Dried mulberries
- Sliced banana
- Combine smoothie ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- To thin, add more plant milk.
- To thicken, add more banana.
- Pour smoothie into two serving bowls, garnish with toppings and enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 6/19/16
9:00AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Michelle –Plyo + Strength