Just in time for another hot weekend we’re bringing you a tasty, refreshing, nutrient-rich treat – Blueberry Nice Cream. Naturally sweet and packed full of antioxidants, potassium and dietary fiber, this creamy, cool nice cream is a great way to cool off and fuel your bod.
And, for a more indulgent nice cream, top with oatmeal cookie crumble – just oats, nuts and a bit of sweet.
Blueberry Nice Cream with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
Blueberry Nice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks (~2 small bananas)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ to ½ cup unsweetened plant milk (almond, coconut, soy, hemp, yada yada)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cookie Crumble Ingredients:
- ¼ cup coarsely ground oats
- ¼ cup nut butter of choice, warmed (~10 sec. in the microwave)
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar
- Small handful fresh blueberries
Cookie Crumble Directions:
- Place rolled oats in a food processor and pulse until oats are coarsely chopped (not quite flour).
- Combine oats in a mixing bowl with nut butter and liquid sweetener, and incorporate with a fork or with clean hands until crumble consistency is reached.
Blueberry Nice Cream Directions:
- In a high-powered blender combine frozen banana chunks, blueberries, plant milk and vanilla extract.
- Pulse and blend, adding additional liquid as needed until consistency is creamy and nice cream-like.
- Divide into two serving bowls and top with fresh blueberries and cookie crumble.
Cheers to your health and the weekend!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 9/19/15
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Briana – Met Con Saturday!