Who knew cream cheese without dairy could taste so…cream cheesy? This easy, no fuss recipe is made from a mere ten ingredients – cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, a few seasonings and water. Leave the dairy, stabilizers and gums out, and enjoy the natural, creamy goodness of a plant-based cream cheese. You can throw it together in under 30 minutes and serve it on all the classics – bagels, crackers, veggies and more. Cheers!
CASHEW CHIVE CREAM CHEESE
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined oil and sugar free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from Veggie Inspired Journey
Yields about 2 cups
You will need: a high-powered blender or food processor
- 1 ½ cups raw, unsalted cashews (soaked* and drained)
- juice from 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh chives, finely sliced
- 3-5 Tbsp. water (1 Tbsp. at a time)
- In a tempered glass container (Mason Jar or Pyrex), add cashews and boiling water. Partially cover with a clean cloth or lid and let sit for at least 20 minutes*. You can also soak overnight in the fridge, but this step is only necessary if you use cold or room temperature water.
- Drain cashews, using a colander, and incorporate cashews with remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Start with 1 Tbsp. water and add more as needed once you start blending.
- Blend/process ingredients, scraping down the sides with a spatula as you go, until desired cream cheese consistency is reached.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Enjoy with fresh veggies and fruit. Spread on bagels, toast, English muffins, wraps and more.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 9/15/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – HIIT Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – HIIT Circuit
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach Kristen – HIIT Thursday
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – HIIT Thursday
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Kristen – HIIT Thursday
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – HIIT Circuit
10:30AM Summer Yoga at the Lafayette Reservoir – Coach Michelle D.
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
3:30PM Varsity Stretching – Miramonte – Coach Jentry + Coach Kristen (private class)