Fresh cherries have always been a favorite summertime fruit. They’re sweet, but not too sweet. They’re tart, but not bitter. Give me a big bowl of fresh cherries and I’m a happy camper. I love them so much I figured I’d try them in nice cream. And, by golly do they make a mean nice cream! Especially when blended with fresh lime juice and some good dark chocolate. On top of their primo flavor, cherry consumption has been shown to reduce inflammation, treat gout and improve sleep quality. So, the moral of the story is “life is just a bowl of cherries” and a bowl of Cherry Lime Nice Cream will make your life that much sweeter.
CHERRY LIME NICE CREAM
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 3 bananas, peeled and frozen*
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract
- Juice from 1 lime
- plant milk, as needed (to blend)
- fresh cherries
- dark chocolate (I chopped up a square of Endangered Species Dark Chocolate)
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients until creamy and smooth. Add plant milk, as needed, to reach preferred consistency.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
- How to stay fully stocked in frozen bananas. Buy a bunch of bananas, make sure they’re ripe (the skin should have some brown spots), peel, break in half, place in a freezer-safe bag, and store in the freezer.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 5/5/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach Michelle – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
9:30AM Sunshine Lafayette Rose Court PRIVATE Class – Coach Jentry – Cinco De Mayo Circuit
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Briana (private class)