If you overdid it with the Halloween candy or simply love a good salad, then we have just the thing for you. This delightfully satisfying, crunchy, filling, creamy Brussels Sprouts salad covers all the bases – cruciferous greens, tahini, lemon juice, almonds and more. It’s something you can prepare ahead of time for lunches and it makes for a great side at dinner.
CREAMY TAHINI BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD
Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull Inspired by Once Upon a Chef
Yields ~4-6 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli slaw (available at Trader Joe’s)
- ¼ cup shallots or onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar (I used a combination of red wine and apple cider)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini, or to desired thickness
- ½ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Prepare Brussels sprouts – wash, peel away unwanted, brown leaves, remove stems, cut in half, and thinly slice (lengthwise).
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw, shallots/onion, and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine dressing with salad mixture, toss, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 11/3/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Chipper Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Chipper Circuit
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach James – Battle Rope Slam Down
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Chipper Circuit
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach James – Battle Rope Slam Down
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Chipper Circuit
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
3:30PM Varsity Stretching – Miramonte – Coach Michelle + Coach Piper (private class)