It’s almost game day and we’re cooking up some Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza for the win!
CRISPY BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER PIZZA
Vegan, Gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from Keepin’ it Kind
Yields 2, 8 inch pizzas
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup plant milk (I used light organic coconut milk)
- 1 cup flour (brown rice, chickpea, or other gluten free flour blend)
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax meal
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup wing sauce, BBQ sauce or mixture of the two
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- Avocado flesh from a whole avocado, peeled like so
- 2 Tbsp. water, or more as needed to thin out
- 2-3 Tbsp. lime juice, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together plant milk, flour, ground flax, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour cauliflower florets into flour/milk mixture and stir to evenly coat each floret.
- Remove florets from mixture and place on lined baking pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until crispy on edges, checking midway through to turn.
- Meanwhile, mix together the wing/BBQ sauce.
- Once baked, toss cauliflower with sauce mixture and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Using two premade gluten free/vegan crusts (Vicolo), or homemade pizza crusts (see suggested RECIPE here), pour ¼ cup BBQ/wing sauce on each crust, spread in a circular motion using a spoon, leaving a ¼ inch space around the edges.
- Divide cauliflower bites between pizzas and lay in an even layer.
- Top with thinly sliced red onion.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 475 degrees F.
- While pizzas are baking, prepare cilantro avocado cream sauce.
- Once pizzas are baked and cream sauce is prepared, remove pizzas from oven, let stand for a couple minutes.
- Cut pizza, garnish with avocado cream sauce and more cilantro, if desired, and serve hot. Enjoy!
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE DIRECTIONS
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Sunday February 7, 2016 – Running Club Meet Up
meet by the little building in the middle of the parking lot.
Weather dependent – if its raining this run will be postponed.
All levels, runners and walkers welcome.
Adults only please!