Drinking water and eating water-rich foods (i.e. fresh fruits and vegetables) is essential for our health. As reported by the CDC, water helps to regulate our body temperature, lubricates our joints, protects our sensitive tissues and spinal chord, and helps to eliminate waste. Consuming water-rich foods, such as fresh, whole fruits and vegetables, is not only excellent for our health, it has been shown to help with weight loss.
I love water and I’m always trying to find new ways to keep it exciting, because I know how important it is to stay hydrated. So, instead of going for a second or third cup of coffee, I’ll opt for some Cucumber and Citrus Water instead. Not only is this water delicious, it’s fancy! Drinking it will make you feel like you’re at the spa or on vacation. So, drink up butter cup. Cheers to your health!
CUCUMBER + CITRUS H2O
- 1 large glass cold, filtered H2O
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lemon, ½ sliced into wedges/½ thinly sliced
- 1 orange, ½ sliced into wedges/½ thinly sliced
- fresh rosemary
- fresh mint
- fresh basil
- Scrub and rinse the cucumber, lemon and orange under warm water.
- Slice fruit and combine in a large glass or metal water bottle with cold, filtered water, ice (optional), and fresh herbs.
- Note, I squeeze the juice from the lemon/orange wedges to make the water extra citrusy. Then add the slices for additional flavor and color.
- Enjoy all day and refresh with new fruit/herbs as you drink.