Wowzer! Talk about antioxidants and phytonutrients galore! This Dragon Fruit Acai Berry Smoothie will blow your socks off with its striking color, amazing flavor and long list of health benefits.
Dragon fruit, also known as pitaya, has a lot going for it – gleaming with all sorts of goodness from phytonutrients and vitamin C, to polyunsaturated fatty acids and B vitamins.
Acai (ah-sigh-EE) berries have quite a resume of their own. They’re low in sugar and high in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants.
Combine these two fruits together and what do you have? A nutrient-rich powerhouse!
Dragon Fruit Acai Berry Smoothie
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 smoothies
- 2 cups plant milk
- 1 pack Dragon Fruit (available at Sprout’s)
- 1 pack Acai Berry (available at Sprout’s and Whole Foods)
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 banana
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Divide into serving bowls/cups and enjoy!
Cheers to your health!