Get ready to squelch any preconceived notions you may have about how plant-based cheese sauce tastes, because we’re about to get cheese-tastic up in here!
Really Cheesy Fat-Free Vegan Cheese Dip
Recipe from Simple Daily Recipes
Makes about 3 cups
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (if you like it spicy) *
- ¼ cup green chilies*
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process several until well blended.
- Pour into a saucepan, cook and stir over medium heat until it thickens, in less than 5 minutes.
Simple Daily Recipe’s notes:
- I know watched cheese dip never thickens. However, you need to be right there whisking or stirring to prevent scalding on the bottom of the pan. Once that liquid heats up, the cheese sauce magic happens within a couple of minutes.
- If you want to make this more of a queso dip, add green chilies, hot sauce and fresh salsa.
Gumsaba Fitness Class schedule Saturday 11/21/15
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Michelle – TRX