We love Extended Puppy Dog Pose for its ability to bring us clarity and purpose, as it triumphantly energizes and uplifts.
Extended Puppy Dog Pose or Uttana Shishosana
- From table top position, exhale into Extended Puppy Dog Pose.
- Gaze forward and glide your arms toward the front edge of your mat.
- Curl your toes underneath, to stretch the bottom of your feet.
- Sink your forehead down, resting on your mat, a towel or a block.
- Keep your hips stacked over you knees.
- Straighten your elbows and firm your arms.
- Fan your fingers wide, root down through the pads of your hands.
- Close your eyes.
- Soften the muscles in your face and jaw.
- As you inhale, lengthen through your tailbone.
- As you exhale, firm your navel to your spine.
- Connect with your ujjayi breath.
- Hold and breathe for several rounds of breath.
- For individuals with tender shoulders, bend your elbows and rest your forehead on the back of your forearms.
- For individuals with tender knees, place a towel or double up your mat underneath your knees.
- Opens and warms shoulders.
- Stretches abdominal wall and spine.
- Cultivates a calm, quiet mind.
- When resting your forehead on your mat in Uttana Shishosana, you are connecting with your sixth chakra, also known as Ajna or your third eye center. This chakra is located on your forehead in the space between your eyebrows – your seat of intuition. The color of this chakra is indigo violet. Ajna chakra governs your intuition, humility, and higher knowing. By surrendering into Extended Puppy Dog Pose, you are connecting to the Earth while uniting with your breath and your higher self. Awakening your Ajna chakra brings you into a space of trust and acceptance. You are more in tune with the great teacher in all things and you develop a clarity and understanding of your purpose.
- Surrender into this pose. Relinquish all expectations. Ride the rhythm of our breath. Focus on your intentions. Awaken your higher knowing, your seat of intuition.
Gumsaba Fitness Class schedule Monday 8/29/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens class – Coach Briana – HIIT Monday
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens class – Coach Joel – HIIT Monday
6AM Sunup Morga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle – TRX HIIT Monday
8:15AM Sunrise Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle & Coach Kristen – TRX HIIT Monday
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens only class – Coach Briana – HIIT Monday
11:00AM Cytosport All Levels Cardio Kick – Coach Michelle (private class)
11:30AM Cytosport All Levels Trigger Point Rolling – Coach Michelle (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Intermediate/Advanced HIIT Training – Coach James (private class)
2PM Cytosport Hatha Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)