Fallen Triangle is a spirited, playful pose. While it improves your balance and strengthens your whole body, you don’t have to be a seasoned yogi to practice Fallen Triangle Pose. Enjoy the process and remember practice means progress, not perfection.
FALLEN TRIANGLE POSE
- Begin in Downward Facing Dog.
- Inhale, bring your right leg high into three legged dog.
- Exhale, hug your right knee to your left elbow or triceps.
- Step your right foot through, straighten your right leg and plant the outer edge of your right foot on the left side of your mat.
- Swivel onto the inside edge of your left foot.
- Reach your left arm toward the sky, followed by your gaze.
- Flex your feet and lift your knee caps upward to engage your thighs.
- Stack your hips (left on top of right) and engage your abdominal wall.
- Lift up through your pelvic floor to find your Mula Bandha.
- Press away from the Earth to stabilize your shoulders.
- Draw your shoulder blades together.
- Hold and breathe for 5-8 rounds of breath.
- Rewind back into your Downward Facing Dog and repeat on the other side.
- If you’re new to this pose and you’re building strength, drop down onto your bottom knee and use your shin as a kickstand.
- Avoid this pose if you have a wrist or shoulder injury.
- Fallen Triangle Pose strengthens your core, glutes, quadriceps, adductors, obliques, shoulders and arms.
- This pose also opens your chest and improves balance.
- Fallen Triangle is therapeutic for anxiety and stress.
- Fallen Triangle ignites your root chakra (also known as Muladhara). This is the first of 7 main chakras in the energetic body, located at the base of your spine. The color of this chakra is red. This chakra represents our most basic need for home, stability, safety, and connectedness. When you connect with your root chakra through Fallen Triangle Pose, you will become more grounded, calm and stable.
- Step into Fallen Triangle with a sense of curiosity and playfulness. Have fun and enjoy the sense of lightness and freedom this pose brings.
Gumsaba Fitness Class schedule Monday 5/2/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens class – Coach Briana – Met Con Monday!
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens class – Coach Joel – Met Con Monday!
6AM Sunup Morga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle – Met Con TRX Monday!
8:15AM Sunrise Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle – Met Con TRX Circuit!
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens only class – Coach Briana – Met Con Monday!
9:30AM Sunshine Lafayette Rose Court PRIVATE Class – Coach Jentry – Met Con Monday!
11:00AM Cytosport Beginning/Intermediate Bodyweight Training – Coach Michelle (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Intermediate/Advanced Bodyweight Training – Coach Michelle (private class)
2PM Cytosport Hatha Yoga – Coach Michelle D. (private class)