I admit it, I’m a sucker for fall. The cooler weather, the leaves, the rain (that will hopefully bestow its presence upon us), and the flavors. But, I refuse to believe we should settle for the pumpkin spice latte from you know where. We can do better, people! There’s actually no real pumpkin in there! It’s just a lot of sugar, chemicals and some good, old fashioned “natural flavorings”…yummy, right?
So, here’s a healthy, fall-tastic smoothie that will make you want to curl up and enjoy the beauty of autumn. Real food and spices – all from plants- no added sugar, and so, so divinely tasty!
FALLING FOR FALL SMOOTHIE
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 2 cups plant milk
- 1 cup banana, ripe and frozen in bite-sized chunks
- ½ cup sweet potato puree (canned)
- ½ cup pumpkin (canned)
- 3 medjool dates, pits removed and soaked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter
- Ahead of time:
- Prepare bananas. I like to buy a bunch of bananas just for freezing. Once they’re ripe, peel and break into bite-sized chunks. Store in an airtight container or plastic baggie in freezer.
- Prepare dates. Tear in half, remove pits and soak in cold water for ~5min.
- Smoothie time:
- Place all items in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasonings accordingly and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 10/17/15
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Briana – Chip it Saturday!