We’re getting extra fancy with our nice cream today – adding in fresh figs and basil to our frozen berry and banana base. You won’t find this kind of flavor or antioxidant power in the other stuff.
Bust out the blender and treat yourself to some whole fruit, plant-based, nice cream goodness.
FIG & BERRY BASIL NICE CREAM
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 2 figs
- 2 cups frozen bananas, mangos, pineapple, or mixture of (I used the organic tropical blend from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup frozen berries (I used the organic berry blend from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 2-4 basil leaves
- Slice figs in half. Scoop out the center of 1 fig (for the nice cream) and slice the other fig into thin slivers (for topping).
- In a high-powered blender, combine fig, frozen fruit, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup almond milk and a couple basil leaves.
- Blend until creamy, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Add more almond milk to reach the desired consistency.
- Pour into two serving bowls and garnish with sliced fig, basil, and slivered almonds.