Tying into our latest article on the 5 tips for post-workout fuel, we are going to dive into a big bowl of cherry lime nice cream. Why, you might wonder. Because cherries are a great recovery snack. They’ve been shown to reduce inflammation, treat gout and improve sleep quality. When blended with bananas, fresh lime juice and creamy plant milk, this refreshing dish is teaming with bountiful nutrients (potassium + vitamin C) and killer flavor. Cheers!
CHERRY LIME NICE CREAM
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 3 bananas, peeled and frozen*
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. plant milk, or as needed (to blend)
- fresh cherries
- dark chocolate (I chopped up a square of Endangered Species Dark Chocolate)
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add plant milk, as needed, to reach preferred consistency.
- Add toppings and serve immediately.
- How to stay fully stocked in frozen bananas: Buy a bunch of bananas, make sure they’re ripe (the skin should have some brown spots), peel, break in half, place in a freezer-safe container/bag, and store in the freezer.
- Be sure to use frozen cherries for the blended portion of this recipe. Fresh cherries work on top, but frozen cherries are key for a proper nice cream consistency.
Written by: Coach Jentry on July 6, 2018.