Coach Jentry cooked up this recipe back in 2019, and I thought it was the perfect time to repost since we are all currently figuring out how to make the changes we have made this month last. These yummy bites are a great alternative to junk food, with lots of nutrient rich, whole food ingredients. Enjoy and cheers to day 28! 🙂 Coach Michelle
Check out the printer-friendly version of this recipe with nutrition facts here: ENERGY BITES
Vegan, gluten-free, peanut-free, refined oil-free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from Give Me Some Oven No-Bake Energy Bites
Yields ~16 bites
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds*
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life semi-sweet Mini Chocolate Chips)
- ¼ cup goji berries or mulberries optional, but awesome!
- Warm almond butter and maple syrup in a large, microwave-safe bowl for about 15-20 seconds. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Incorporate the dry mixture in with the wet, and stir with a spatula or spoon until well-combined.
- The mixture should be sticky. If too dry, add more nut butter. If too wet, add more oats.
- Once blended, scoop and form into 1-inch-sized balls. Place in an even layer in a baking dish or other sealable container, and cover.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week in the refrigerator or in the freezer for a couple months.
- Best to grind whole flaxseed at home rather than buying pre-ground. Use a clean coffee grinder to finely mill the flaxseed and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Whole flax will last longer and is less prone to spoilage.
Written by: Coach Jentry on January 28, 2021.