Nothing says freedom like a big bowl of smoothie, right!? Okay, well smoothies may not be as American as apple pie and baseball, but they’re well on their way. It’s not just a coincidence that smoothie saturday falls on our nation’s birthday.
This Blueberry Banana Goji Berry Freedom Smoothie Bowl is bright, bountiful, and loaded with nutrients and flavor making it a great way to start the day before partaking in the day’s festivities.
FREEDOM SMOOTHIE BOWL
Yields 2 servings
By Jentry Lee Hull
- 20 fl. oz nondairy milk
- Juice from 1 small orange
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. hemp protein
- 2 Tbsp. goji berries
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide smoothie mixture into two serving bowls.
- Top with goji berries, sliced bananas, and fresh blueberries.
Wishing you all a safe and happy 4th!