Figuring out how to recreate (or better yet elevate) your favorite store bought goodies at home is a win-win-win. You end up saving money, you have creative license to make things exactly the way you want them, and best of all you have control over the amount of ingredients (sugars and oils) you put into your food. Thus, making your creations more nutrient dense and calorie poor. All in all, the more often you cook/bake/roast at home, the better off you are.
I love a good granola. It’s great on almond milk yogurt, smoothie bowls and fresh fruit. But, often times the sugar and fat content is out of control. So, I took matters into my own hands and went homemade, and the finished product was just splendid – crunchy with just the right amount of sweet. And, now I pass it onto you, my friends. Your very own Almond Maple Granola recipe. Cheers!
ALMOND MAPLE GRANOLA
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull inspired by Pick up Limes
- 4 cups rolled oats (use GF if needed)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup dried fruit (raisins, blueberries, goji berries, cranberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pink salt, and coconut sugar). Mix until well combined.
- In a separate dish, combine the “wet” ingredients (maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract). Pour the mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour onto lined baking sheet, spread evenly and bake for 35-40 minutes (or until granola reaches desired crunchiness), turning halfway through with a spatula.
- Remove from heat, stir in dried fruit and chia seeds, and let cool.
- Enjoy over your favorite smoothies, with fresh fruit and plant-based yogurt, or all by its lonesome.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for about a month. Also great to share with friends and family.