Edamame Noodle Salad, because salad + noodles = all the deliciousness (and all sorts of plant-based nutrients). Cheers!
EDAMAME NOODLE SALAD
Vegan, Gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 6 servings
- 1 16 oz. bag organic frozen shelled edamame, thawed*
- 1 package Organic Brown Rice Quinoa Spaghetti, cooked according to directions (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lb. shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large head or 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cucumber, partially peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. miso paste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed and minced
- 3-4 Tbsp. tahini
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. rice or plum vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. garlic chili sauce or Sriracha
- Remove edamame from bag and rinse under lukewarm water until thawed
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cool water (if using GF pasta). Do not rinse traditional grain-based pasta.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss dressing, pasta and edamame. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion (using water or broth) for about 5 minutes or so.
- Add shiitake mushrooms, cook another 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine broccoli florets with onion-shiitake mixture, cook until broccoli is bright green and slightly tender.
- Pour veggie mixture into pasta bowl, incorporate bell pepper and cucumber, and toss until salad is evenly coated in dressing.
- Serve at room temperature or serve chilled.
- Garnish with cilantro, mint, Sriracha, crushed cashews or peanuts and enjoy!
Written by: Coach Jentry on March 30, 2018.