We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo with these seriously tasty tacos. Bright and citrusy, easy to prepare and great for these hot days when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. Enjoy in warm tortillas or on top of a green salad.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA TACOS
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 8 tacos
- 3 cups (2-15oz cans) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 cucumber, partially peeled and diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 bunch fresh dill, stems removed and finely chopped
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Kite Hill Ricotta Cheese, crumbled
- 8 small tortillas (corn (for GF), wheat or combination of), heated
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, and dill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour dressing into chickpea mixture in large bowl and gently combine.
- Add desired amount of crumbled ricotta and toss.
- Warm tortillas in oven or microwave just until gently heated through.
- Fill tacos, garnish with more fresh dill and ricotta.
- Store leftover chickpea taco filling in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.