Sandwiches are meant to satisfy. They are meant to be savored and leave you feeling perfectly full. This Mighty Tofu Sandwich has all the components of a great sammy, plus it’s made with sprouted grain bread, mashed avocado, organic tofu, and just the right amount of toppings. It’s high in plant-based protein and out of this world yummy, so you really can’t go wrong. Give it a whirl. And while you’re at it, check out this link on all the benefits of eating soy. Cheers!
MIGHTY TOFU SANDWICH
Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free (optional)
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Makes 1 giant sandwich
- 1 Sprouted Grain English muffin (I used Food for Life*), sliced in half and toasted
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted and peeled like so
- (half the package) Savory Organic Tofu (by Wildwood Foods), thinly sliced
- a few thin slices red onion
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce or any other desired greens
- 2 cherry peppers*, torn in half and laid flat
- Toast English muffin.
- Mash avocado, using a fork, onto both halves of toasted English muffin.
- Layer on thinly sliced tofu, sliced red onion, hummus, lettuce, cherry peppers and Sriracha.
- Dig in!
- Food for Life offers Gluten Free English Muffins. Look for them in the frozen food section of Whole Foods or the refrigerated section of Sprouts. You can also use any sliced bread or GF bread (Bread SRSLY GF Sourdough bread is the best).
- Cherry peppers, available at Trader Joe’s, are a tad bit spicy. If you prefer a milder flavor, use fresh bell pepper, roasted bell pepper or tomato slices instead.