For today’s Friday Feast we’re brining back our Watermelon Berry Popsicle recipe, because it’s hot outside and there’s nothing more satisfying than refreshing frozen fruit to cool off.
What makes this recipe even more enticing? The ingredients and their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich properties. Watermelon has been shown to provide sore muscle relief when consumed before an intense workout. It’s also safer than consuming NSAIDs (i.e. ibuprofen). Berries offer a myriad of benefits including, but not limited to, protection against DNA damage, reduced risk of cancer, and keeping us out of oxidative debt.
Exercise helps with the absorption of these phytonutrients, so fuel your body with the good stuff and enjoy these tasty Watermelon Berry Popsicles as a pre-workout snack. Cheers!
WATERMELON BERRY POPSICLES
vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from All Recipe’s Yummy Watermelon Pops
Yields 6 Popsicles
- 3 cups seedless, diced organic watermelon
- Juice from 1 large lemon or lime
- 1 cup frozen berries (mixed berries of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are best)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until ingredients are well incorporated. Avoid over-blending.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 8-10 hours.