Bright as the rolling green hills and satisfying as can be, this Green Pea Hummus is a lovely way to enjoy fresh veggies, a hearty sandwich or a nice wrap.
Being part of the friendly legume family, peas offer a host of benefits. Legume consumption has been shown to increase lifespan! Green peas offer a good amount of plant protein and they’re a nice change from the typical chickpea hummus (which is still delicious). So, mix some Green Pea Hummus up and enjoy!
SPICY GREEN PEA HUMMUS
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from Serious Eats
- 1 16oz. bag frozen green peas (thawed and divided*)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- pinch of paprika, for garnish
- Thaw peas under running, lukewarm water.
- Drain and gently shake to remove residual liquid.
- Set 1 spoonful of peas aside, for garnish.
- In a food processor, combine peas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, and pink salt. Blend for 2-3 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Place into bowl, garnish with peas and paprika.
- Serve with fresh veggies, on sandwiches or in wraps.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.