There are a myriad of options for fillings with these easy to make wraps. We tried avocado, lettuce strawberry and our vegan “tuna”, but you could really throw a variety of goodies in there!
Ingredients for Berry Delicious Wraps – makes 4 wraps/serves 2
4 large strawberries sliced thin
1/2 avocado sliced thin
4 romaine leaves
mung bean sprouts
chives long – uncut
1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
1t braggs aminos
2t fresh lemon juice
Cut up all the ingredients, make your filling. Prepare the wraps by following the directions on the package. Some are not gluten free, we made sure ours had no wheat!
When you make the wraps, soak one at a time, then fill it right after. If you soak them all they will stick together and be harder to manage. Its ok if they are wet when you fill them, they will dry out.
1) lay down the strawberry slices in a line down the center of the wrap leaving about 1 1/2″ on each side so you can tuck the wrap properly.
2) avocado lays on strawberries, then lay 3 chives and about a dozen mung bean sprouts down.
3) place 2 heaping tablespoons of the filling in the lettuce and place it on top of the chives.
4) top with fresh mint leaves, i like a lot, its up to your taste.
5) turn the 1 1/2″ you spared over the filling, then wrap it up, starting with the end nearest you, tightly around the filling. The tapioca paper, when prepared right, is a bit rubbery to work with, so don’t be afraid to roll it tight.
6) repeat that process 4 times for 4 wraps.
7) prepare the dipping sauce
caloric value per wrap: 240