How do you show your love for your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? With a smoothie of course!
Smoothies are for lovers, because when you love someone, you want him (or her) to be nourished down to every cell. Berries, hemp, chia, turmeric, greens, almonds, and bananas all work together to create a healthy, happy, thriving body!
SWEETHEART SMOOTIE BOWL
Vegan, Gluten Free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 16 oz. plant milk (I used unsweetened Flax milk from Good Karma)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 scoop of your favorite (plant-based) protein powder, optional (I used Vanilla Hemp Protein)
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric or 1 thumb-sized piece fresh turmeric root, peeled
- 1 handful baby kale, spinach or other baby greens
- 2 large ripe bananas (1 for smoothie, 1 for garnish)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 cups frozen berries
- 1 package frozen Pitaya/Dragon Fruit
- Ezekiel Cereal
- Fresh/frozen berries
- Sliced Banana (placed in a heart shape on top)
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a high-powered blender, combine smoothie ingredients (in order shown above). Blend until ingredients are smooth.
- Pour smoothie into serving bowls, add toppings and enjoy!
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible, especially when it comes to berries.