As the old adage goes, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. This especially rings true when you discover that the chickpea water you’ve been tossing out all these years is the key ingredient to Marshmallow Fluff! Yes, I know it sounds strange to use chickpea water in a dessert, but it’s a lot better than using gelatin. This cruelty free, gelatin free, chickpea-powered Marshmallow Fluff is a friendlier, healthier alternative to your standard marshmallow fluff. And, if you’re into food science, it’s spectacular to see the ingredients transform into marshmallow magic. Add this fluff to your favorite dessert and wow your guests at the next holiday party with your killer culinary skills.
Vegan, gluten Free, dairy free, gelatin free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie’s Healthy Vegan Marshmallow Fluff
- Liquid from 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (I used Whole Food’s 365 organic brand)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Drain 1 can chickpeas into a mixing bowl. Set chickpeas aside and use for Classic Greek Hummus or other fun stuff.
- Add remaining ingredients into the same mixing bowl. Using a standing mixer or electric mixer, beat for several minutes. It could take upwards of 10 minutes, so be patient. The mixture will transform into white, beautiful fluff right before your eyes. It’s pretty nifty!
- Add on top of some Black Bean Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free) or your favorite treats and enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 12/10/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Karen – HIIT Saturday
9:30AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Carrie – Chipper Saturday