The chickpea love continues today, as we feature all our favorite food groups in one simple, delightful dish.
Mashed Chickpea Avocado Toast. Here we go!
MASHED CHICKPEA AVOCADO TOAST
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
MASHED CHICKPEA AVOCADO TOAST INGREDIENTS
- 4 slices Bread SRSLY Classic Sourdough (you can use any toast, but this stuff is bomb!), available at Whole Foods WC
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- pinch of chipotle powder and pink Himalayan salt
- bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- small red onion, thinly sliced
- hot sauce
- balsamic vinegar
- Slice bread into ¼ to ½ inch thick slices. Toast for desired length of time. The SRSLY Bread is better on the more toasted side – golden around the edges.
- In a small bowl combine chickpeas, lemon or lime juice, chipotle powder and salt. Stir and roughly mash with a fork, just enough to combine ingredients – we’re not making hummus here.
- Once toast is toasted, top with avocado. Mash to spread. Add mashed chickpeas, desired garnishes and enjoy!