No bake, no big whoop. You can have snacks or holiday treats ready in a pinch without cookie cutters, the oven or any other fancy schmancy equipment.
NO BAKE OAT + ALMOND BARS
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Adapted from The Big Man’s World 3 Ingredient No Bake Oatmeal Bars
Gluten free, dairy free, oil free
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup or other liquid sweetener (i.e. date paste, brown rice syrup, agave)
- 1 cup quick oats OR 1 cup oat bran (use gluten free, if available)*
- add-ons: cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, dried cherries, dried cranberries, raisins, chia seeds, etc.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish warm almond butter for about 20 seconds, to soften. Stir in liquid sweetener and warm for another 10-15 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter mixture and oats/oat bran.
- Fold in add-ons and pour mixture into lined baking pan.
- Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top and press mixture down to evenly flatten across baking dish.
- Keep the top sheet of parchment paper on, place in the fridge to set for about a half hour.
- Remove from fridge, cut into bite-sized squares and enjoy.
- Sub out almond butter for any nut butter and you’ll still have a winner.
- If using oat bran or a mixture of oats/oat bran, the mixture may be a little dry, so add 1-2 Tbsp. nut butter.
- I used the mini Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips. They’re great for folks with any dairy, nut or soy allergies.
Cheers to your health!