Baby, it’s cold outside! And, we have just the thing to warm you up, fill you up, and keep you going throughout the morning. These fiber rich, antioxidant abundant, sugar-free, hearty Pomegranate Chia Seed Oats take just 10 minutes to make and will “stick to your ribs” until lunch time.
Pomegranate Chia Seed Oats
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 4 servings
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quick-Cooking Steal Cut Oats (available at Whole Foods and Sprouts – pictured below)
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened plant milk, or to desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Fresh pomegranate seeds, raspberries, and almond slivers for topping
- Sliced banana, for added sweetness
- In a medium sauce pan, over high heat, bring 2 cups water and pinch of salt to boil.
- Add 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quick-Cooking Steal Cut Oats. Stir, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooked, add plant milk, chia seeds, and pinch of cinnamon.
- Divide into serving bowls, top with pomegranate seeds, raspberries, almond slivers, and enjoy.
- For added sweetness, try sliced banana or more berries instead of sugar or liquid sweetener.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 12/31/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – HIIT Thursday
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – HIIT Thursday
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – HIIT Thursday
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – HIIT Thursday
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)