Break out your blender, spices and pureed pumpkin. It’s smoothie time!
PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 2 cups (16oz.) plant milk
- 1 cup banana, ripe and frozen in bite-sized chunks
- ½ cup sweet potato puree (canned)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 3 medjool dates, pits removed and soaked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 Tbsp. nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut)
- 1 scoop vanilla plant protein, optional
- Ahead of time:
- Prepare bananas. I like to buy a bunch of bananas just for freezing. Once they’re ripe, peel and break into bite-sized chunks. Store in an airtight container or plastic baggie in freezer.
- Prepare dates. Tear in half, remove pits and soak in water for ~5min.
- Smoothie time:
- Place all items in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately. Enjoy!