We’re jammin’, jammin’, jammin’, jammin’ in here…Just in time for the holidays, another DIY gift idea or a homemade treat. Or, better yet, both!
QUICK & EASY BERRY CHIA JAM
Recipe adapted from Miyoko Schinner’s Jam: the easy, cheat method from
Yields ~5 cups
- 4 cups organic berries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ to ¾ cup organic, unbleached sugar (I used Florida Chrystals Pure Cane Sugar), or to your desired sweetness
- 2 Tbsp. organic chia seeds
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine berries and sugar and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once fruit cooks down, add chia seeds and cook for another couple minutes until jam thickens.
- Remove jam from heat and with jam still hot, pour into clean (scrub and rinse clean with hot, soapy water) mason jars and fill until there’s a ½ inch of space between the jam and the top of the jar.
- Securely top with the lids, while jam is hot.
- Jam will keep for 6-8 weeks in the refrigerator.
- I used mixed berries (with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries). The blueberries and strawberries didn’t break down very well, so if you don’t like chunky jam, I’d recommend using raspberries or blackberries, or a combination of the two.
- Using clean jars is extremely important, so that bacteria doesn’t grow in your jam. So, be sure not to skip this step.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 12/12/15
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Karen – Met Con Saturday
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 12/13/15