If we’re lucky, weekends are for sleeping in, working up a sweat (at bootcamp), soaking in the sunshine, savoring the outdoors and sipping on smoothies. Starting your day with fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds blended into a smoothie is a delicious, easy way to get fiber, vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients from whole, plant foods. Cheers to that!
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 2-3 cups nondairy milk*
- juice from 1 orange
- juice from 1 lime or lemon
- 1 banana*
- 6-8 fresh cherries, stems and pits removed
- 2-3 cups baby greens (kale, collards, spinach, chard)
- 4-6 basil leaves, optional
- ¼ cup rolled oats (GF)
- 4 Tbsp. hemp protein (Trader Joe’s Vanilla)
- 1 Tbsp. almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- hemp seeds, for garnish
- fresh fruit, for garnish
- Combine ingredients in order listed above in high-powered blender. *Begin with 2 cups plant milk. Pulse a few times, then blend for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- To thin, add more plant milk*
- To thicken, add more banana*
- Garnish with hemp seeds and fresh fruit, and enjoy!
Have a great weekend!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 6/12/16
8:30 AM Spartan Training @ Ring Tail Cat Trail – Coach Michelle (advanced class)