Bring on the muffins and bring on the holiday cheer! These little gems are just perfect for a gift or for a special breakfast. They’re mildly sweet and packed with oats, oat bran, almond flour, and a bit of raspberry preserves. A great alternative to cookies, pies or other sweeter treats. Cheers!
RASPBERRY OAT BRAN MUFFINS
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free
Recipe adapted from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau’s Jam-Filled Oat Bran Muffins in The Joy of Vegan Baking
Yields about a dozen muffins
- 2 Flax eggs (2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp. water)
- 2 cups oat bran*
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ cup plant milk*
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Raspberry preserves, for filling
- Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Lightly grease muffin tins, if using metal tins. I used a silicon muffin pan, so no greasing was required.
- Make flax egg. In a small bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed with water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Using a standing mixer, electric mixer or by hand, combine oat bran, oat flour, almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In the small bowl (with the flax egg), add plant milk, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and blend until well-combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling halfway full. Add a small spoonful (about 2 tsp. worth) of raspberry preserves to the middle of each half-filled cup. Spoon remaining batter on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 425 °F, or until muffins are slightly golden and crisp on the edges.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a couple minutes before transferring muffins to a cooling rack.
- Not all oats are certified gluten free, so double check the packaging beforehand, if these muffins are for someone with Celiac Disease or a gluten intolerance.
- Warm the plant milk in the oven for a couple minutes or for a few seconds in the microwave. This will make things easier to mix.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 12/24/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Jentry – Med Ball Madness
9:30AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Carrie – HIIT Saturday