Red White & Blue Nice Cream. Here’s a sweet treat just in time for your 4th of July weekend! Have a happy and safe Independence Day!
RED WHITE & BLUE NICE CREAM
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields ~6 nice cream Mason Jar cups
NICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
- ½ plant milk + more, to thin
- 4 frozen bananas (previously peeled and broken into chunks)
- 3 medjool dates
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 6 small mason jars, for serving
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries (sliced) or raspberries
- Granola (Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola is our fave)
- In a high-powered blender, combine plant milk, frozen banana chunks, medjool dates and pure vanilla extract/vanilla bean. Blend until creamy and smooth. Or, until desired consistency is reached. Add more banana chunks to thicken and more plant milk to thin.
- Remove 1/3 of the nice cream mixture and divide into 2 mason serving jars – this is the “white” nice cream. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- Remove another third of the mixture, transfer to a bowl and keep in the freezer. This will be for the “blue” nice cream.
- With the remaining 1/3 of the nice cream mixture (in the blender), add ½ cup frozen raspberries. Blend until creamy and smooth. This is the “red” nice cream. Divide this mixture into 2 mason serving jars and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Scrape out any remnants of the “red” nice cream in the blender, then pour the reserved 1/3 of the nice cream mixture (from the freezer) into the blender along with ½ cup of frozen blueberries. Blend until creamy and smooth. This is the “blue” nice cream. Divide into 2 mason serving jars.
- You should now have 2 of each – red (raspberry), white (banana base) and blue (blueberry).
- Top each one with fresh fruit and granola, and dig in!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 7/3/16
9:00AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Michelle – HIIT Saturday
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Monday 7/4/16
Just a reminder, on the 4th of July there will be just ONE Gumsaba class with Coach Michelle! This awesome hour of power trail and body weight training will be held at Oak Hill Park in Danville, 6:30-7:30am so that you can get to your festivities feeling like you earned those extra cals you may intake. 🙂
Where: Park in the MVHS Parking lot and meet by the tennis courts. We will hike up the hill together at 6:30am sharp!
What to Wear: Shoes that have grip (not nike frees, they will catch rocks).
What to Bring: Mat, water, towel for sweat, friends – they can come for free this day! Just make sure they sign the waiver.