It’s Friday, folks! Celebrate the weekend with our fresh, spicy, sweet melon salsa. Great for tacos, tostadas, burritos, salad, chips…or, whatever your hearts desire. Cheers!
SPICY MELON SALSA
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, oil free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- ½ melon or about 2 heaping cups (Golden Prize, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc.), seeded and diced
- ½ sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ red onion, finely minced
- ¼ jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 habañero or serrano pepper, seeded and finely minced
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp.)
- Juice from ½ orange (about 3 Tbsp.)
- Small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. Chili Lime seasoning (available at Trader Joe’s) or 1 tsp. cayenne
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients together and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator. Let sit for at least one hour to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve with tortilla chips, tacos, salad, etc.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 8/13/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Michelle – TRX VS Kettle Bells