As the old adage goes, less is more. And, that’s the truth when it comes to this spiralized cucumber and tomato salad. With just a few ingredients and one handy, dandy spiralizer you’ll have yourself a lovely, crisp, healthy dish in no time.
Enjoy this beauty in a wrap, with other fresh veggies, tempeh, or hummus. Or, serve as a side along with your favorite pasta or sammy. The sky’s the limit.
SPIRALIZED CUCUMBER & TOMATO SALAD
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2-4 servings
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 3 roma tomatoes or 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- a few basil leaves, for garnish
- pinch of red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Using a spiralizer or julienne peeler, prepare cucumber noodles (aka “coodles”) and place in a large mixing bowl
- Add sliced tomatoes, vinegar, and salt in with cucumber and stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with fresh basil and/or red pepper flakes (if you like spice) and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for about 3 days or so in the fridge.
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 8/20/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Circuit WORK!
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Circuit Work
6AM Sunup Rudgear Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Circuit Work
7:10 AM Summer Walnut Creek class – Coach Briana – Circuit WORK! (LAST SUMMER SESSION)
8:15AM Outdoor Yoga at the Moraga Commons – Coach Jentry (LAST SUMMER SESSION)
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Circuit WORK!
11:00AM Cytosport Power Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
3:30PM Miramonte Football Stretching Session – Coach Michelle & Coach Joel