Sriracha BBQ cabbage, just in time for the holidays. Or, something along those lines…I’m not exactly sure how Sriracha and BBQ fit in with traditional holiday cuisine, but it doesn’t really matter, right? As long as it tastes good, it’s made from real, whole food, and it doesn’t take hours to prepare, it’s a winner in my book!
SRIRACHA BBQ CABBAGE
Adapted from Jill McKeever’s Superfast BBQ Sandwiches on Simple Daily Recipes
Yields 4 generous servings
- 1 medium head red or green cabbage, sliced
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (I used Whole Foods Organic Kansas City Style)
- pinch of cayenne, paprika, and garlic powder
- Buns, bread or lettuce for sandwiches
- Slice cabbage into thin strips and place in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook cabbage for a few minutes until tender, but not soggy. It took me about 8 minutes, but I used red cabbage and a lot of it. Time may vary – check cabbage every couple of minutes until you reach desired consistency.
- Once cabbage is tender, add BBQ sauce, Sriracha, spices and stir.
- Prepare slaw, toast buns (if using), assemble and enjoy.
BROCCOLI KALE SLAW
- 1 cup broccoli slaw (available at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 leaf curly kale
- 1/4 cup edamame, shelled
- ½ cup Just Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Whisk together mayo, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Add broccoli slaw, kale (de-stemmed and torn into small pieces), edamame, and stir.
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 12/3/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – HIIT Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – HIIT Circuit
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Push Pull HIIT!
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – HIIT Circuit
11:00AM Cytosport Power Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)