With less than ten ingredients, a start to finish time of under 20 minutes and a flavor with fire-power, these Sriracha Sugar Snap Peas are all that and then some. Sugar snap peas offer an impressive list of vitamins, minerals and health benefits. They also have a sweet, satisfying flavor and perfect crunch. Enjoy these firecrackers served over rice, in a stir fry or by themselves.
SRIRACHA SUGAR SNAP PEAS
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 tsp. tamari
- 1-2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, optional
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, Sriracha, chili flakes, tamari and toasted sesame oil (optional).
- Wash and drain snap peas, and trim ends.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sear snap peas and toss frequently for about 2-4 minutes, or until the skin is lightly browned. Use a small amount of water or veggie broth if needed, to prevent sticking.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add Sriracha mixture. Toss and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, toss and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 8/11/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Stretched out Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – HIIT Partner
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach James – HIIT and Run
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – HIIT and Run
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach James – HIIT and Run
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Stretched out Circuit
10:30AM Summer Yoga at the Lafayette Reservoir – Coach Michelle D.
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)