I stopped to make a quick lunch and thought hey, this is tasty and I need to share this with my Gumsaba family. This recipe is not super sophisticated, it’s just a wrap stuffed to the max with veggies, plant-based proteins and some seasonings. This is a rough guideline, so take what works for you and switch it up as desired. It took me about 5 minutes to make and kept me full from noon to dinner time. It’s hearty, but not too heavy, and it’s centered around veggies. Enjoy with some fresh fruit and a big glass of lemon water, and you’ll be set for hours. Cheers!
THE WORKS VEGGIE WRAP
Vegan, gluten free (optional)
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Makes 1 hearty wrap
- 1 whole grain or gluten free tortilla, flatbread or pita (I used a pita from Reem’s California Arab Street Food available at the Jack London Square Farmer’s Market)
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 large handful curly green kale
- ¼ bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 5 slices Tofurky Oven Roasted Deli Slices, optional
- drizzle of red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce, optional
- Warm your tortilla, pita, or flatbread in the oven, or in a pan over the stove, just until heated through. Be careful not to dry out.
- Meanwhile, prep and slice your veggies.
- Gently massage avocado into curly kale, just until kale is tender and bright green.
- Once the tortilla/pita/flatbread is good and warm, assemble with all the fixings.
- Spread a healthy dose (about 2 Tbsp.) of hummus down the middle of the wrap.
- Add Tofurky deli slices (note, these are not gluten free, but they are so yummy!)
- Add all the veggies.
- Top with red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hot sauce for an extra kick.
- Roll your wrap tightly, pulling one edge over the other then place your wrap (crease facing down) onto a cutting board. Cut in half and enjoy on the spot or wrap in foil and save for lunch or a hearty snack.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 12/3/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Jentry – Met Con Saturday
9:30AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Carrie – Met Con Saturday