Happy Wednesday, friends! Here you go – an easy, plant-powered, protein-rich, colorful stir-fry front and center. Ready to feed your soul and get you through another busy week.
VEGGIE TOFU STIR-FRY WITH GARLIC GINGER NOODLES
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, oil free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 4 large servings
- 1-7oz. package Savory Organic Tofu (available at Trader Joe’s), cubed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2-3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 heaping cup sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 4-5 scallions (green onions), trimmed and sliced (light and dark green parts)
- 1-16oz. package Organic Brown Rice and Quinoa Spaghetti (available at Trader Joe’s), cooked
- crushed cashews, peanuts or almonds, for garnish
- Juice from 1 large lemon (about ¼ cup)
- Juice from 1 large lime (about ¼ cup)
- ½ cup low sodium tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced (I used Ginger People)
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste and set aside in fridge until ready to use.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large wok or non-stick pan, over medium heat, brown tofu for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, bell peppers and carrots. Partially cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until carrots become tender.
- Incorporate mushrooms, sugar snap peas and half the sauce. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until snap peas are tender but crunchy. Stir frequently.
- Add scallions, noodles and remaining sauce. Reduce heat, partially cover and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer into serving dishes.
- Garnish with crushed cashews/almonds/peanuts and enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 8/18/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Battle Ropes and Cardio!
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Battle Ropes and Cardio!
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach James – HIIT Thursday
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – AMRAP ATTACK
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach James – HIIT Thursday
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Battle Ropes and Cardio
10:30AM Summer Yoga at the Lafayette Reservoir – Coach Michelle D.
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
6:00PM Adventure Run – Concord Road Runner Sports