The heat is on (like triple digits on), which means hydration and electrolytes are a must! Fruits are especially great for hydration – they offer electrolytes, enzymes and more water than most foods. Watermelon is the queen bee of hydrating fruits. It’s in the name after all! This magnificent fruit is antioxidant-rich, with vitamin A and lycopene. It’s also naturally sweet and thirst-quenching, making it a superb post workout treat.
A big, ol’ hunk of watermelon stands great all on its own. But, it’s also fun to change things up…like add a splash of tart to compliment the sweet.
Wowza, this Watermelon Citrus Juice is a game-changer!
WATERMELON CITRUS JUICE
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Adapted from Cookie+Kate’s Watermelon Juice
- 1 small watermelon or 1/2 a large watermelon, seeds removed (if needed)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lime
- Fresh mint or basil, for garnish
- Prepare watermelon – cut in half, then in quarters.
- Remove flesh from the rind and seeds, if not seedless.
- Put watermelon in a blender and blend for about 60 seconds.
- Add lemon and lime juice. Blend for another couple seconds.
- Pour into a serving glass, garnish with basil/mint and enjoy!
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 9/12/15
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Jentry – HIIT Saturday