Crystal clear pristine lakes all to yourself. Granite peaks that rise straight from the water and pierce the sky with their severity. We found our HAPPIEST PLACE! Chad and I explored more of the Desolation Wilderness yesterday to get to some lakes we would have all to ourselves. We accomplished our mission with a hike to Twin Lakes and Island Lake. This hike allows for an 8 mile drive up to wrights lake, then a 4 hour round trip from there will get you far into the Desolation Wilderness without having to hike for few days! The water is pretty cool, but incredibly refreshing! Tips if you plan to go:
- Bring plenty of water – we love our High Sierra Hydration Pack
- Bring food
- Wear Layers
- Wear hats and broad spectrum sunblock. And still plan to get some sun.
- Get on the Trail by 10am.
- Check the weather, lightning storms are common up there and you don’t want to get stuck in one.
- Make sure pets pads are prepared, Marcus lost a bit of his pad yesterday hopping around on the granite.
- Bring a camera and be prepared to have your mind blown by beauty!
Met Con Mash Up
Equipment: Jumprope, Mat, Weights
Part 1: Warm up will with Dynamics
Part 2: ROM – Perform 3 Rounds
12 Glute Bridge Flys
10 Backward Walking Lunges
8 Push Ups
6 Step up with Hip Extension
50 skips on rope
Part 3: MET CON – Perform 5 Rounds
15 Bent Rows
5 Get ups
Part 4: AMRAP (AS MANY ROUNDS AS POSSIBLE) in 7 minutes…
7 Toes to bar (knees to elbows if no bar)
7 Jack Knife Sit Up R/ 7 L
7 V Crunch R/7L
7 Hand Stand Kick-ups (modify with 7 pairs Hi Plank to Down Dog)
7 Body Saws
7 Navy Seal Ups
Part 5: Practice Mobility!
Gumsaba Fitness Class schedule Friday 7/31/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Jentry – Move Out
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Move Out
6AM Sunup Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Briana – Tabata Circuit
8:15AM Sunrise Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Briana – Tabata Circuit
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens only class – Coach Jentry – Move Out
11:00AM Cytosport Boot Camp – Coach Joel (private class) – Circuit Work
12:00PM Cytosport Boot camp Benicia – Coach Joel (private class) Circuit Work