I hear it all the time…in order to eat well, you have to spend hours in the kitchen, cooking and meal-prepping. That is true in some cases, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time cooking and creating new dishes. It’s my happy place. But, I also love the challenge of pulling together a healthful, hearty dish in less than thirty minutes. This White Bean Salad is one of those creations. It requires zero cooking (if you use canned, organic beans), it’s packed with plant protein, it wakes up your taste buds, and it goes well on a green salad, whole grain toast, veggie wraps, or by itself!
WHITE BEAN SALAD
Vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined oil free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 6 servings
WHITE BEAN SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 4 1/2 cups (3 cans) white beans, rinsed and drained*
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup vinegar (red wine, apple cider, balsamic, or any combination of)
- 1/3 to ½ cup tahini (Trader Joe’s brand or Artisina Organics Raw Tahini, if you’re feeling fancy)
- ¼ cup Dijon or brown mustard
- ¼ cup shallots, finely minced
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- water, to thin
- In a large mixing bowl stir in beans, bell pepper, onion and chives.
- Toss with a portion of the dressing until everything is well-coated. I used about half the dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Store leftover salad and dressing in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Whisk together ingredients, add water to thin, if desired, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- For the beans, you can use a mixture of any white beans. I did 1 can of Great Northern Beans and 2 cans of chickpeas.
- This salad is great on salad, toast, as a side, or all by itself.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 5/12/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Michelle – Triple Play Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Triple Play Circuit
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach James – HIIT Sets
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – HIIT Sets
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach James – HIIT Sets
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Michelle – Triple Play Circuit
9:30AM Sunshine Lafayette Rose Court PRIVATE Class – Coach Jentry – Triple Play Circuit
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Joel (private class)
11:00AM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)