Did someone say salsa? Salsa Saturday, perhaps? Yes, please!
FRESH CORN SALSA
Adapted from the Food Network’s Fresh Corn Tomato Salad
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- juice from 1 small lime or lemon
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, lemon/lime juice, salt and pepper, then whisk.
- Prepare corn – remove husks and cut longways to remove kernels.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn, avocado, tomatos, scallions, red onion, jalapeño and stir.
- Pour dressing mixture on top of corn salsa and let sit in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- If short on time, steam corn for 3 minutes before cutting then prepare salsa as directed above.